Making A Booking
• Use 'book now' on the Services page. If you unsure about which service is right for you please make contact via the contact form or email firstname.lastname@example.org outlining your behavioural concerns. I will endeavour to reply to you within two working days.
• Once a booking is made, I will send through any relevant questionnaires and forms that must be completed before your consultation. I may ask you to send a brief layout of your home and videos of problem behaviours beforehand, this can be done via email.
• For in-home assessments (Auckland only) I will visit your home. Zoom consultations require a stable internet connection on a device that can be easily manoeuvred around the home. Please make sure no deliveries or repairpersons are scheduled during our allotted time to minimize interruptions.
After Our Appointment
• If you have elected for a personalized behaviour report, this will be emailed to you within 3 working days after your consultation.
• While I am happy to clarify any information given as part of the behaviour report via email, any further discussions must take place via Zoom (30-minute consult).
• If required, further follow-up consults are always available via Zoom.
• Payment is made at the time of booking via the Sprintful platform using Stripe.
• The fee is for one animal, or for multiple animals with an inter-related problem. For multiple animals with unrelated issues, an additional surcharge may apply depending upon the depth of the additional issue/s and is at the discretion of The Cat Counsellor.
• I will do my best to reply to your emails within two working days. All correspondence (consultation aside) is to be made via email; I do not take phone calls regarding individual cases.
• For the best chance of remedying your behavioural issues I ask that you commit to following the advice provided to you as much as practically possible.
• Some common behavioural problems can stem from an untreated health issue such as bladder crystals or arthritis, before continuing our work I may advise a veterinary check to rule this out.
• Cats are individual creatures with a myriad of factors influencing their behaviour including genetics and prior learning, as such, I cannot make any guarantees about the outcome of our work together. There are many elements out of our control and because of this, I aim to work with what we can change, here and now.
• If I feel that another professional such as a Veterinary Behaviourist is better suited to your case (especially if there is an escalating safety issue) I will recommend accordingly with you and your cat’s best interests in mind.
COVID-19 (applies to in-home visits only)
During Alert Level's 4-2 I will not be taking any bookings for in-home assessments (Auckland, New Zealand).
During Alert Level 1 if you have an in-home assessment booked and you become unwell, please contact me and we can reschedule and/or organize a Zoom Assessment in its place.